Monday 22 July 2013

Remember.....

As a human race we hurt people, those we have loved, lost, cherished, even despised. The hardest part for me is realising someone who was once your world has now changed their mind, they dislike you resent who you are, even hearing those words can destroy your hopes and aspirations, how they inspire and spur you on in life.

The worse thing I have heard is not an insult, nor an abusive message just a simple I don’t like who you are, this was from someone who I looked up, loved, and respected who’s opinion meant so much to me, that I have to question whom I am, and what a bad person I must be for them to use those words of me.

It doesn’t matter how long ago they were said, or how my life moves on or not. Those words in an instant destroyed my confidence, filled me with further self-doubt, and set me back. I thrive of other peoples support, maybe that is being dependant but I feel we all do in some ways.

One day I hope to show them they are wrong, but in the darkest corners of my mind, I know quite simply they are right. There is no solution for this no remedy, but do me one favour, those you love and look up to, tell me once in a while, it could mean so much to them and their own battles.


You never know you may hear something in the future, someone saying the same to you. Because in a way the depressed, the one’s who battle the demons, we are the strongest of them all, as we fight every day, just to see a tomorrow, so maybe we don’t believe there is a future, but we are here and trying to make a difference, remember that please.

Just remember who you are, and how far you have come, when those around you are being so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment